Los Morteros

imageLos Morteros, translated to the mortars, was a large Hohokam village occupied between A.D. 850 and 1300. Located along the Santa Cruz River near the northern end of the Tucson Mountains, the site is names for the many bedrock mortars that are ground into natural outcrops characterizing the site’s topography.  Our visit to the site will be led by archaeologist Courtney Rose.  The trip will be limited to 20 people and last approximately 3 hours starting at 10 am. To register contact Cannon Daughtrey


Posted in:Events, Field Trips