Thank you so much for considering donating books to the Arizona Archaeological and Historical Society for the purpose of raising funds to support the Arizona State Museum Library. Book sales conducted by AAHS throughout the year provide the ASM Library much-needed funding for their operations (90% of proceeds go directly to the ASM Library, composing the majority of their annual budget).
Due to storage limitations, we do not accept the following items:
- Non-Southwestern Dissertations and Theses
- Preliminary CRM reports
- Publications written entirely in languages other than English (publications with an English translation are accepted)
- Conference material such as programs and abstract compilations
- Items other than books and publications, such as posters, art portfolios, maps, etc.
The ONLY issues of periodicals/ journals we accept are the following to help fill out the ASM Library’s holdings:
- American Anthropologist (2018-Present)
- American Archaeology (2018 – Present)
- Arizona Highways
- Curator (2014-Present)
- Current Anthropology (2013-Present)
- Historical Archaeology (2011-Present)
- Human Organization (2017-Present)
- Journal of American Folklore (1992-Present)
- Journal of California and Great Basin Archaeology
- Latin American Antiquity (2013-Present)
- Museum Anthropology (2018-Present)
- National Museum of the American Indian (2012-Present)
- North American Archaeologist (2007-Present)
- Pacific Coast Archaeological Society Quarterly (2008-Present)
- Plains Anthropologist (1995-Present)
- Practicing Anthropology (2017-Present)
- SAA Archaeological Record (2017-Present)
Books and publications must be delivered to the Arizona State Museum; we are not able to pick-up donations. Please contact the ASM Library for appointment times by calling 520-621-4695 or emailing LARC@arizona.edu. Donations cannot be accepted without an appointment. Please let ASM staff know if you will need assistance with unloading. Note the library is not open on Monday or Friday. Visit the ASM Library webpage for further information. If you have questions about the appropriateness of your donation contact Katherine Cerino, AAHS Library Chair.
We request that you provide a signed and completed Deed of Gift with your donation. You will receive a letter acknowledging your donation to AAHS; these are mailed quarterly to the address on the Deed of Gift.
Thank you again for your support of AAHS and the ASM Library. We look forward to hearing from you and scheduling your donation delivery appointment.